Hi bookish peeps! This is my new segment here in my blog after a long hiatus. I’m back again with an exclusive and fun Q & A with the bestselling author of The Fire Raven Trilogy, Alex Owumi .
Last November 15, 2017, he had recently released the final book of his trilogy titled: THE FIRE RAVEN: THE WINTER VENDETTA
Watch the book trailer here: THE FIRE RAVEN BOOK TRAILER
Mr. Owumi’s insights were profound and interesting and you’ll surely find yourself wanting to read his works more.
At the end of this interview, you’ll see links where you could watch the book’s trailer and where you could purchase the book. Without further ado, let’s start!
[ Disclaimer: This post is NOT sponsored. This blog tour was organized by the author himself. My post mainly focuses on helping the author promote his new book and also to help introduce to the bookish world amazing independent authors like him. ]
QUESTION & ANSWER INTERVIEW
1. The Fire Raven: Winter Vendetta is the final book of your series, what was the hardest part about writing this book?
The hardest part about writing the final book of the series was actually letting go of the characters. I invested three years of my life into this trilogy and will miss it.
2. Give us more insight about Raven Winter, what makes her special especially on this final installment?
- Raven Winter is a special character in my eyes. She is very honest and will stop at anything to know the truth. In this final installment she takes time to get to know the family she never thought she had.
3. Your trilogy has one of the best set of characters and interesting plot progression, what’s the most exciting part about writing this whole series?
The characters in this series are unique in their own way. The most exciting part about writing the series was developing new characters that Raven didn’t know existed.
4. Tell us about the writing process for your trilogy, what kind of research did you do, and how long did you spend researching before coming up with this book?
- I spent years researching the characters and just outlining the story. I wanted to base most of the book in my hometown of Boston and in the U.K where I have spent several of my recent years.
5. Name your top favorite authors that inspired you to write.
F.Scott Fitzgerald, James Patterson and John Grisham are three of my favourites.
6. If there is a certain book that you would recommend everyone to read what would it be? (It could be something that helped you to write your novel)
- If there was a book I would recommend it would be ‘The Racketeer’ by John Grisham. It might be the most intense book I have read in a while.
7. Is anything in your book based on real life experiences or purely all imagination?
My book is based on all imagination, even though I would like to meet a real Raven Winter.
8. Tell us about your next project, do you have an upcoming book you’re working on after this book?
- My next project will be a thriller based in my hometown of Boston. It will be about a homicide detective who loses his family to a crime syndicate.
9. Lastly, if you were given an opportunity to talk to your younger self, (or to other aspiring writers out there), what would you give as an advice?
I would tell my younger self and to aspiring writers to be patient and know that you can be as creative as you want to be. There is a different universe of imagination that you will be able to tap into.
Thank you for the insightful interview Mr. Owumi, we hope to read more of your future works and I wish you good luck and success.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Alex Owumi was born in Lagos Nigeria, and moved to the United States at the age of eleven. He is the best-selling author of QADDAFI’S POINT GUARD: The incredible story of a professional basketball player trapped in Libya’s Civil War which was an international bestseller. His debut novel The Fire Raven had a top five debut on the Amazon bestseller list under Thriller/Suspense. He is also a professional basketball player in Europe and currently is playing in London, England. [source: Amazon.com]
ABOUT HIS TRILOGY:
TITLE: THE FIRE RAVEN # 1
AUTHOR: Alex Owumi
Publication Date: September 23, 2016
Raven Winter is known as the world’s most dangerous assassin. She comes from a family of assassins and killing has been her expertise for years. The Recruitment Agency is her main employer and for many years they have sent her on missions all over the world to kill some of the most dangerous people known to man. Not knowing much of her past, she only knows the life the agency has taught her, but as she gets older she wants to know more about events and people from her past.
One mission, a mission she thought was just another routine job turns into a mission that opens up a door from her past. With this one mission, she realizes that what she was once taught about her past wasn’t true and her life up to this point has been a lie. But on this day she has opened up a door that she can’t turn around and walk out of. It has caused her to dig deep into her past, and to reveal her past she has to love, lie and kill.
AUTHOR: Alex Owumi
Publication Date: April 1, 2017
The journey to unlock her past has been a tough one for Raven. The search has taken her all over the world with people she never knew existed and committing crimes she never thought she was capable of. The road has been difficult and quite confusing for Raven but her main focus is to unlock her past at all cost. As she finds out more and more about her family and the love ones she has lost, she discovers that the one person missing from her life for the past ten years, her father all of a sudden finds his way back to her.
But as she wants answers about her past, her family wants her to switch her focus to something more important. They convince her to focus on the family business and join them in their venture to overtake the agency from the most dangerous people in the world.
AUTHOR: Alex Owumi
Publication Date: November 15, 2017
After Raven witnessed the tragic deaths of her father and brother, she finds herself in an unfamiliar place. She has gone from being the hunter to being the hunted, and knows she can’t run forever, but quite frankly she doesn’t even want to run. All she knows is she needs to get away, in order to come back and seek the ultimate revenge for her family. With her back against the wall and feeling more vulnerable than she ever has, she knows this task cannot be done without some type of support. After some time, she finally finds that support from family to hopefully help her take down the leader who shattered her life when she had just got it back. She has no boundaries, nothing will stop her from killing unless she dies first. Raven knows this must be done, there is no turning back, and this could go one of two ways. Will Raven live or die?
Check out these awesome links:
- To get updates from the author, here are the links to his social media account:
- For more awesome fan art (like the one above, check out my sister’s IG & Pinterest account. (She accepts requests)
xoxo – Cheena Louisse